We are all guilty of it, some more often than others. Leaders must be able to step into the forefront and be good followers. But, sometimes we disengage so much that we actually become passengers. Those times we are uninvolved participants going for the ride. I heard this term from Astronaut Mike Mullane on uTube”
LiaV Top 5 Leaders as Passenger List:
- Reading your Smartphone during meetings and presentations.
- Going radio silent on topics to avoid controversy.
- Not asking clarification questions to gain understanding.
- Thinking about what you are going to say next when the other person is still talking.
- Multi-tasking (it is really high speed serial processing).